Saturday 7 March 2009

Ways To Waste Your Life... Activity #36

In my many weeks away from writing posts, my brain feels a bit mushy to all this blogging lark. So if it makes absolutely no sense (Like this) then I apologize.

If you watched that video thinking thats cool and it would be awesome to be able to do it, then fair enough and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But please consider this, people who are directly involved with this activity (I refuse to refer to it as a sport) actually "train" to do it. They practice stacking cups and clearly take it very seriously.

It has its own governing association called the WSSA (World Sport Stacking Association), complete with its own set of rules and a list regulation equipment. If for some strange unknown reason you feel compelled to try it and wish to take up this relatively cheap but immensely time consuming "hobby" (again NOT a sport) you can expect to pay about 15 US dollars for a set of regulation cups. 


The item description isn't too vague but I don't understand the claims they make. What I would like to know is, what exactly makes them regulation? Apparently they are "High Tech" and "Specifically Designed" but really? How much can you specifically design a damn cup? I would like a detailed explanation as well as some in depth diagrams so I can see for my own eyes. For those die hard fitness freaks and Stacker fanatics wanting that extra burn get yourself some weighted cups. They even contain special dampener pads to reduce stacking noise! Awesome! Please do excuse the sarcasm it features heavily in this section.


You may also waste your hard earned money on a StackMat which is uber sensitive enough to start a timer when you start "stacking". 


There are many amazing(ly crap) and awesome(ly shit) things you can buy associated with cup stacking (sorry again for the sarcasm) but none of them says "Im the Biggest, Lamest, Geekiest person on the planet!" more than a StackFast Wristband


Tell the world your a "Stacker" they say, personally if I was forced into man handling plastic beakers whilst simultaneously being timed by my parents i'd never want to speak of word of it to anyone. 

Moving swiftly on, as you may or may not know, blogs don't write themselves, and to do so I have to pluck random pieces of information from the air, and string them along in a pointless babble, much like I'm doing now. Only... recently I've noticed that in my favourite blogs, the writers receive funny and interesting things, like pictures, links from websites and magazines etc from the readers, and I thought that it would be awesome if that were to happen to me.

So if anyone wants to send me pictures of stupid things they see on the street, links from youtube to stuff that I may well of not seen, anything, I'd love to see it. To email me just click on my profile and hit the Email link.

Oh and by the way if you need any Stacking related equipment for your school or education program just call 1-877-GOT CUPS. My wristband is on order now.

Take it EZ

LW

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that stacking cups is ridiculous. What would anyone need that skill for? Putting dishes away quickly?

    You've got a blog award awaiting you on my blog if you'd like to have it :o)

    ReplyDelete