Tuesday 13 January 2009

Another Day... Another Pain In The Arse



Over the past few weeks I've been boiling like a massive, mutant, super-kettle, because of some dirty, skanky little shit who decided to break into my house and steal a lot of my stuff. I've had uni work to be doing for a while and I hadn't got round to it, but now after all this rubbish my ability to think academically is... how can i put it... Fucked. All I seem to be doing recently is trying to complete the essays, but I've got little time to do them in. Tomorrow will give me a break from it all, when I will get a few hours of quality (but freezing) relaxation spent watching Manchester United at home against Wigan. Now I didn't think about my work when I said yes to the tickets, and there are parts of my brain (the bits that work) that say its a bad idea to waste a whole afternoon when I need to do work. But quite frankly I've not had much fun in the past few weeks so I'm gonna take the opportunity while I can.

Now for anyone reading this who thinks Manchester Untied are JUST a football team. You'd be so very very wrong. Back in the day, they made some bloody shit songs too. My favourite being Come On You Reds. The O.A.P squad or as they are more widely known Status Quo wrote this hellish aural torture and whilst having the epiphany (Brain-Fart more like) for this song, they decided, at one part, they would simply just list the players names in the lyrics. So here they are, at 0:47 seconds... sing along!!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

Schmeichel, Parker, Pallister
Irwin, Bruce, Sharpe and Ince, 
Hughes, McClair, Keane and Cantona   
Robson, Kanchelskis and Giggs

Remaining with YouTube I decided to see what other stuff I could dig up from my youth. I wasn't sure wether it was gonna be good or bad, but after some considerable thought, I came up with a Top 5 of my favourites.

  1. The best Power Metal I've ever heard - From the 1986 Transformers The Movie
  2. No way you can deny this song and I still want a talk box!!! Blackstreet - No Diggity
  3. Fresh Prince - Carlton doin' his thing!!!
  4. Ryan Leech. Silly talented trials rider. I spent my teenage years watching him.
  5. The Smiths - The Boy With a Thorn In His Side - From as far back as I can remember, My brother was listening to The Smiths and there still one of my favourite bands today.
Another thing I saw today that I hadn't seen in a long while was Who's Line Is It Anyway. I love this show and my girlfriend loves it even more so, and it would of been in my top 5 but I didn't really "Grow Up" watching it. So for extra kicks heres one of my favourite WLIIA videos. The three headed broadway star where Drew fucks up. I defy you not to laugh.

Take it EZ

LW

7 comments:

  1. Hey Liam;
    I'm starting a new webring for fast loading blogs. 56K Blogger. I'd like to invite you to drop by my blog and sign up.

    http://Indemnity-Income.blogspot.com/

    --- Thank You ---
    Mr. Steven G. Liggett
    709 Karen Parkway
    Newark, OH 43055-4319
    USA

    sgliggett@ msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rather disgruntled that you didn't mention the hideously talented Chaka Demus and Pliers when you were listing the awesome things from your youth. I think you'll find their musical masterpiece, 'Tease Me' is a well deserved contender for the best song of 1993.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well my list was supposed to reflect my own personal top 5 and not the top 5 of everyone else. There were many great songs in 1993, but my favourite from that year is "Haddaway - What is love". But each to their own.

    Thanks For your comments

    LW

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry to hear about the break-in! I wasnt aware ManU made ssongs, oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately they decided to stop. Thank you for your concern and for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gotta love Who's Line is it Anyway?.... and Mock the Week. Its a good blog- the best tend to be the most randomy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah mock the week is great. Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete