Wednesday 8 April 2009

Has The World Gone F***ing Mental?

Whilst relaxing and listening to some Robson & Jerome this evening, I stumbled across an article in The New York Times about a current revelation in the "Keep Fit" world. This epiphany comes in the form of "Doga", a new form of Yoga in which you AND your dog can stretch and exercise together. Now I don't know who the hell has come up with this crazy idea, but for me... It's utterly f***ing pointless. Lets look at the evidence.

(Photo by Michael Nagle for The New York Times)

Now looking at that picture, I'm no expert in Yoga but how the hell is the dog stretching or receiving anything beneficial in the slightest? It's not even supporting its own weight, some muppet is holding the poor thing. Its looking into the camera saying "Why am I sat on my owners belly while they're performing an Upward Bow!". Again if you look in the background you will find a disinterested little pug, and another depressed hound which could be anything (Im not a dog expert either). But I can tell you they are all bloody confused. I thought that was it... Oh how wrong I was...

(Photo by Michael Nagle for The New York Times)

There aren't many words for this, but look at the poor thing. Its lay on its side, with its paw in the air thinking, "I could be running around in the park chasing pigeons like a mad man right now".

For humans Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years, and being one of the six schools of Hindu philosophy, its a heavily spiritual practice. Now I'm not a deeply spiritual person but I cant help feeling that the creator of "Doga" has just took a great steaming shit all over a tradition thats been going alot longer than she has, just so the celebrity wannabes with Louis Vuitton dog carriers can be socially accepted by having their pets do yet ANOTHER important activity. It argues that It's bonding for the pet and owner, but in my opinion, do Yoga and take your dog for a walk afterwards. If for some reason you do want to read the article go here

I will leave you with a musical choice. I refer to it only as Heaven and Hell. Take your pick.

Thanks always for reading.

Take It EZ

LW

1 comment:

  1. You swine.

    That's all the comments you're getting until you are once again worthy of some :p

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0cEWzN0OWM


    Länge leve musikaliska frihet!!!

    ReplyDelete