Tuesday 28 April 2009

Things That Just Don't Mix

Tonight I went out for a few drinks with friends at a local restaurant. En route, my friend Edric and I were walking innocently along the pavement (as a pedestrian should do) and unbeknown to us there was the mother of all f***ing puddles ahead of us by the side of the road. In fact I would go so far as to call it a pond, this thing was gargantuan. Anyway, we continued along the street towards our destination when some brainless f*** chose to drive directly through the puddle thus giving us the soaking of a lifetime. Needless to say we weren't best pleased and as such, we hurled every name under the sun at the driver. After a good few moments of moaning like disgruntled old men, we continued on to the restaurant called El Gringos, which is a tiny Tex-Mex place that does a student night on a tuesday.

Picture 4
(Thanks to Google Maps for the Picture including a Chavvy Mum)

We got there, less than happy, more than damp, and ordered some beers. Edric and myself sat at a table at the far end of the restaurant with a large group of friends, on closer inspection of the interior decor, as I expected there were obvious native american paraphernalia, as well as american junk too, but for some strange reason, completely un be-known to me (And I think other people too) they had Jamaican flags and posters of Bob Marley. Please can someone explain to me what that signifies? Because I really don't have a clue. But upon a second probing I noticed something else that was extremely disconcerting, the ceiling was leaking directly over the light fixtures. 


Now I'm certainly no expert, and please do forgive me if I'm wrong, but electricity and water, aren't they two things that should be kept separate? Like Manuel Uribe and McDonalds? Yep he definitely is "Lovin' It". Call me old fashioned but come on, isn't that something that shouldn't really happen in a restaurant? I bet they payed off the health and safety officer with San Miguel and Burritos.   

So in summary, things I have seen today that just don't mix.

1. Pedestrians, cars and puddles
2. Tex-Mex restaurants and Jamaican Paraphernalia 
3. Electricity and water.
4. Manuel Uribe and McDonalds

As always I will leave you with a treat from the bottomless pit that is YouTube, but seeing as though it worked so well in the past... Heaven or Hell awaits. Enjoy.

As always thanks for reading.

Take it EZ

LW  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are your mexican restaurants run by mexicans? Just curious...

    I suppose the Jamaican stuff is reasonable if they are actually mexicans... geographically speaking, they're relatively close to one another.

    Oh, and on the note of the cars and puddles- when I first started driving, I was driving over a bridge and hit a puddle and soaked a poor lady on a bike. I didn't see the puddle until it was too late, and there was nowhere else for me to go anyway. I felt bad though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No the place is run by English people. Geographically yes they aren't too far apart but there are many other places closer to Mexico than Jamaica, such as Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Cuba. So why are none of their flags or traditional paraphernalia featured?

    I just thought it was very random.

    LW

    ReplyDelete