Monday 13 April 2009

A Review... A Rant... A Raise Of My Glass

I've said in a previous post that I don't really do product reviews, and in that particular post I made an exception. I would like to again make an exception in the case of this new gadget that my mother has acquired. For the people that know me, you will know that I love chips (Fries for the Americans reading) and anything that aids my grub-lust is as equally high rated. This new gadget ticks both those boxes. Behold!


The deep fat fryer that wouldn't be out of place in a restaurant kitchen. This is truly the Porsche of fryers. I sampled the fruit of its labour earlier and I was very impressed. I could go on about its specifications and its capabilities but why bother? It makes cracking chips, looks cool, enough said. 

Before I started writing this I watched Jurassic Park 3. I had not seen the third part of this classic film series before (well the first was a classic) and I was quite surprised. I did kinda enjoy seeing all the friendly herbivores chomping away on their trees, and there was quite alot that I enjoyed, BUT (a big BUT) Im not sure I like the fact that the velociraptors have some sort of advanced intelligence (that was kinda out of the blue for me, was there something in the second one about that?) or that a kid survived ALONE for 8 weeks whilst gathering weapons, food, AND exploring the island to a considerable extent. Even though when the main characters land on the island, they are immediately attacked by the mother of all f***ing dinosaurs. How the hell did he do that! Thats clearly not even possible and nor should anyone even think it is. Who f***ing wrote that, they should be culled or at least be subjected to chinese water torture. And another thing, the kids parents who are played by William H Macy and Tea Leoni, instead of panicking that their son is lost on a huge island with man eating dinosaurs everywhere, they keep saying "He's a smart kid" or "He's resourceful"...HES A DAMN CHILD AND THEY ARE F***ING DINOSAURS!!! Jeez.

Now I've got that off my chest I can wrap up this post feeling lighter and more elegant. Tomorrow I'm hoping the sun will shine so I can enjoy a leisurely ride on my bike, and a few ice cold beers. I'll add a picture of cold beer I've previously enjoyed to offer up as a form of sacrifice to Helios (But not in a wicker man burn someone alive way, just in a "Hey come and have a beer with me" way).


That should do it. Your welcome Helios.

In my last post I ended with a choice betwixt Heaven and Hell. Again I give you a similar choice, but this time around It's all about the booze. So I give you GinWhiskey, Wine or Beer. Choose your poison and enjoy it in the sun.

Thanks always for reading.

Take it EZ

LW

No comments:

Post a Comment