Monday 27 April 2009

.--. --- ... - -. ..- -- -... . .-. .---- ---..

If you are wondering why the title for this post consists of only dots and dashes, you might recognize the seemingly unrecognizable jumble as Morse Code. It is in homage to Samuel Morse who would of celebrated his birthday today. Unfortunately he died along time ago, but I enjoy the simplicity of what he invented, so I thought I'd use it. If you want to decipher it, be my guest and I might even arrange a little prize for the first person to do it and email the answer, probably in the form of a congratulatory note or something of equivalent value.


On my time away from posting, I've been on my travels somewhat. I've been back to Manchester for a few days and I also traveled to London for 3 days with my girlfriend Sam. I was looking forward to going to "The Big Smoke" as they call it, because I've only been when I was younger and when I've been accompanied with my parents so this was a guaranteed dose of adventure heading my way. At Manchester train station I spent £10 on a new razor and some shaving gel only to leave it on the train when I arrived at London so it wasn't the best start for my wallet, but the excitement soon over shadowed it. Sam had an audition at Laban dance school on the friday, so our plan was to do as much sight seeing on the wednesday and thursday. And god damn did we do some sigh seeing! Our tired feet were dragged everywhere, and here for your viewing pleasure is a small slideshow of our trip. 



Captions:

1. Tube Map
2. Random Fixie
3. Two sharks Chillaxin'
4. Nemo
5. Dory
6. Me stood above the sharks
7. London's equivalent of York's stupid Purple dude.
8. The Eye
9. Relaxin with some legends. John Cage, Merce Cunningham
10. More legends. Jackson Pollock, Clyfford Still
11. Me after some experimental surgery
12. Random nice street in Shoreditch
13. St. Pauls

I hope you enjoyed that, obviously the trip was alot more involved but I didn't take a great deal of photographs, so do forgive the lack of consistency. But Sam and me both had an amazing time and if you've never been, then I would urge you to make the effort to go. You won't regret it.

Moving swiftly on to more current matters. As I'm writing this, I am in great anticipation of the night that lies ahead. Tonight is the first of many events that we have dubbed "Dress Up Monday". Basically for no apparent reason, were going to get gussied up, go out and have some beverages. Its only going to happen once a month so its important for everyone to make an effort. Im sure I'll be posting a few pictures of my friends making idiots of themselves or a certain friend trying to attract the opposite sex.

(Its O.K to want a piece ladies!)

On that note, I will leave you with a classic song that I somehow stumbled across again. If you don't sing along then you really arnt human! Enjoy.

Thanks always for reading

Take it EZ

LW


2 comments:

  1. Post number... JZ? The last bit seems a bit off to me, but then again, your blog tends to be characterized by 2 letter combos, so perhaps I'm not off the mark...

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. but would i? would i lie to you?

    ReplyDelete